Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For I know you by name

This past weekend our pastor spoke answered the question, "What happens when we die?" as part of his "Ask Anything" series. It was not something new for me to hear however it did give me a different perspective of entering my heavenly home. Pastor showed that last scene of the movie "Gladiator" where Maximus dies and joins his wife and son. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought of the day I am called to my home in heaven by my Father. First, I will meet my Savior Jesus and then, I believe, I will be greeted by my loved ones who have gone home ahead of me - my dad, grandparents and my three babies.

Yesterday, January 27 marked the fourth year since the miscarriage of our fourth child. As these anniversaries come, I do try to make a point of acknowledging the day. This is usually a mere statement of acknowlegement. (Acknowleging this is something that can seems strange and is difficult to understand unless you have lost a child.) Around Kayli's birthdate, I have talked to Rebecca about the fact that her sister lives in heaven with Jesus. She is quite aware of her sister Kayli and seems to have this unique comprehension of her. (I learned I was pregnant with Rebecca just 6 weeks after Kayli's stillbirth.) I have also mentioned that she has two more siblings in heaven. A couple of days ago, I mentioned that yesterday would be her brother or sister's 4th birthday in heaven. She asked me ever so gently, "Mommy, what is her name?" That got me thinking. Two of my five children have been part of my heart and my mind for years and we will never know, until heaven, whether they are boys, girls or one of each. The wonderful thing is that my Father in heaven knows. He knew their names before the creation of the world! Isn't that amazing! My God knew me, wanted me, loved me before the creation of the world. I was an intentional creation of His. We all are! And all that He asks of us is that we acknowledge that our sin has separated us from Him and ask Him to forgive us. How cool is that! He also knows the names of my children. Rebecca and I have decided that together we want to give names to these two babies. So in the next few days or so I will post the names we feel are right for them. :o)

Thank you God for knowing us all by name. Thank you for the gift of my children. Hold them close and love them deeply. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment