Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy 2009!

What a year 2008 has been! We are looking forward to seeing what God has planned for our family in 2009. Jescelyn is in the middle of physical therapy for her hyperflexibility and hypotonia. She will be getting her SMO ankle braces in a week and a half. I am somewhat shocked at how expensive these little braces are. We are thankful that insurance will help cover the cost. Hopefully they will help to correct her walking even further. The last month or so, I have been AGAIN having to come to terms with the reality between what we really need vs. what we want. Sometimes I think the two are too closely connected. Either that or the two are one in the same but the priorities at the time do not seem to coincide with the assumed need. I look forward to heaven when we will have everything that we need, we won't be in want for anything and money will be a non-issue. We are so thankful for a God who provides. It's the trusting thing I think we all need to work on a little more :o)

Our new year will be exciting! In just a few day's the girls and I are heading to my mom's house. It will be the first Christmas at "Grandma's" since my dad died. Up until now it has always been at my brother's house. I am excited to see the memories that can and will be created over the three days there with my mom, brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew. Unfortunately, Jason has to travel out to IA for a youth conference that he is working at. We will miss not having him there.

Well, we hope you have a wonderful start to the new year! God bless you! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment